An international solidarity association dedicated to childhood in dispair
In Monaco, this charity, place under the Honorary Presidency of H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco. Has been approved by the Ministry of State of the Princely Government on July 15th, 2010 (Ministerial Order N° 2010-350).
Mission Enfance – France and Monaco is chaired by Mrs Patricia Husson. Its main area of activity is education. The association operates directly on the field with local teams to carry out the humanitarian programs.
Mission Enfance adapts its humanitarian aid according to the needs met in the visited countries, in remote areas, without racial, ethnic or religious consideration. Thanks to the grant given by the Government of the Principality of Monaco for the operating costs, and with the support of private sponsors, the association affects 98% of its funds to its humanitarian operations on the field (financial year 2016).
Promote schooling of the children in need
Our goal is to create or strengthen the local school systems in order to make the schooling of children in difficult regions of the world effective. Education is a step towards peace and development. This action is part of the help required to fulfil the article #28 of the convention relative to the Child’s Rights promulgated by the United Nations.
Specific educational programs on the field
Mission Enfance carries out directly on the field the programs conceived in coordination with local authorities. The association keeps all of the humanitarian help it offers under total control. The association disposes of local teams in each country it is directly active and carries out control missions of its financial participation, thereby securing the good use of the help to the donors. It coordinates its humanitarian action under the aegis of existing structures in the recipient countries. It only acts for the sole good of the children encountered. It exceptionally and punctually takes part in financing humanitarian operations of other NGOs.
Its experience allows Mission Enfance to integrate local know-how. The association recruits local teams and trains them for a common humanitarian goal. It also provides local counselling and training as soon as it is possible. The idea is to favour the durability of humanitarian action even after our retreat from the region.
Three poles of intervention
- Actions for development by reinforcing local structures in the health, educational, economical and social fields. Carrying out by our teams of programs aiming to stabilize families. School sponsorship through a major idea: “future builds up on the roads to school.”
- Emergency actions, depending on the association’s possibilities. Taking part in common actions with other organizations.
- Testimony actions with publication of books and reports.
- Under the presidency of Mrs. Patricia Husson and the direction of Mrs. Domitille Lagourgue, consultants, permanent and voluntary workers prepare and lead missions.
- A team of volunteer workers takes on the preparation of emergency help, which is systematically selected, inventoried and adapted to the needs defined on the field.
- Permanent workers, real professionals of humanitarian help, coordinate the actions of the association, on a human scale, and control the good use and results of the support.