EMERGENCY SUPPORT AND EDUCATION
TO DISPLACED CHILDREN
Mission Enfance has been working in Iraq since 1992. Emergency missions, reconstruction of schools and villages, have led the association to expertise in this area.
1.5 million refugees from Syria and displaced populations of Mossul, Sinjar and the Nineveh Plain have found refuge in Iraqi Kurdistan. They are, for most, settled under tents in camps, awaiting the end of the war to go home. The damages caused in the Nineveh Plain and the actual war for the recovery of Mossul do not allow the displaced populations to return to their homeland. In Sinjar, region liberated in 2015, the villages, although terribly impacted, are progressively welcoming back the Yezidi displaced in August 2014. We are participating to this return by the construction of the schools. In 2018, we will be finishing the construction of two schools in Kherawa and Shalfadin and the construction of 2 new schools in Youzifan and Kherba.
Also, we are pursuing our support to the functioning of the educational centre we have created in the Yezidi displaced camp of Sharya, North of Iraq. We are about to start the professional training sessions in 10 displaced camps in Iraqi Kurdistan. Also our support to the transport of Chaldean students towards their university of Mossul and to the displaced Christians and Yezidi of the Nineveh Plain will be pursued.
In Qaraqosh, we will rehabilitate a nursery “Mar Ephram” so as to facilitate the life of the mothers who come back to their destroyed city.
Aim of project
- Educate the displaced Iraqi children, allow the return of these displaced to their villages and participate to the stabilizing of Iraq.
Our project in 2018
- End of construction of the 2 schools in Sinjar.
- Transport of the Chaldean female students towards the university of Mossul.
- Professional training in 10 displaced camps.
- Support running costs of Sharya.
- Rehabilitation of Qaraqosh nursery.
- Purchase of 15 air conditioners (Nursery and kindergarten Qaraqosh).
- Operating costs of Iraq office.
- 2 head-office missions.