CHILDREN’S EDUCATION AND FOOD SUPPORT,
CONSTRUCTION OF A SECONDARY SCHOOL,
TRAINING OF NURSERY AUXILIARIES
In the heart of Burkina-Faso, in the province of Oubritenga, a region of Guiè, 10 villages (10.000 inhabitants) have decided to unite and take on their own development in order to fight by all means against desertification. They have created the association Zoramb Naagtaabaa. This Burkinabè association is directed by a Frenchman, Henri Girard, whom in the last 25 years, has led, side by side with this population, agricultural, educational and health programmes. In 1991, 89% of the population was illiterate. The association is developing the education of the province’s children by supporting the public schools, by organizing adults’ training sessions, setting school sponsoring, alphabetization lessons and creation of libraries.
Since 2002, Mission Enfance has built and rehabilitated 6 schools equipped with wells and teachers’ loggings. The association has built a nursery to welcome the abandoned or orphan babies as well as a training centre for nurses to learn how to care for these children.
Mission Enfance sends containers annually and participates in the operation of the AZN. We also will be finalizing the construction of the Goema college, in another location of the AZN in Burkina Faso.
Mission Enfance supports AZN’s agricultural projects through the creation of agricultural perimeters in Cissé Yargo and Filly. In the latter village, we continue our agricultural program, in order to ensure the food self-sufficiency of the villagers of the region, by better water management in the perimeters created for this purpose. We will build the second phase of the dispensary of Filly (deposit of medicines, the staff quarters) and ensure its equipment.
Aim of project
- Improve the education in the region of Guiè.
- Help this region’s population for food self-sufficiency.
- Support and reinforce a village association axed on social, agricultural and health development in order to fight desertification.
Association Zoramb Naagtaaba (Henri Girard).
Our projects in 2017
- Functioning of the Training Centre EFAPE.
- Construction 1ST part of secondary school of Goema.
- Agricultural programme in Filly.
- Construction of the dispensary in Filly.
- Support to functioning expenses of AZN.
- Sponsorship of secondary school students, university students and nursery sponsorship (134 children)
Beneficiairies : Around 2.000 children and adults of Guiè