CONSTRUCTION OF A MIDDLE SCHOOL,
CHILDREN’S EDUCATION AND FOOD SUPPORT,
TRAINING OF NURSERY AUXILIARIES
In the heart of Burkina-Faso, in the province of Oubritenga, a region of Guiè, 10 villages (10.000 inhabitants) have decided to unite and take on their own development in order to fight by all means against desertification. They have created the association Zoramb Naagtaabaa. This Burkinabè association is directed by a Frenchman, Henri Girard, whom in the last 25 years, has led, side by side with this population, agricultural, educational and health programmes. In 1991, 89% of the population was illiterate. The association is developing the education of the province’s children by supporting the public schools, by organizing adults’ training sessions, setting school sponsoring, alphabetization lessons and creation of libraries.
Since 2002, Mission Enfance has built and rehabilitated 6 schools equipped with wells and teachers’ loggings, but also a nursery to welcome the abandoned or orphan babies as well as a training centre for nurses to learn how to care for these children.
Mission Enfance sends containers annually and participates in the operation of the AZN. We also will be finalizing the construction of the Goema college, in another location of the AZN in Burkina Faso.
Mission Enfance supports AZN’s agricultural projects through the creation of agricultural perimeters in Filly (where was celebrated in 2017 its 10th anniversary of creation and programme support). In these villages, we continue our agricultural program, in order to ensure the food self-sufficiency of the villagers of the region, by better water management in the perimeters created for this purpose. We will also complete the construction of the Filly free health clinic, by adding a maternity ward and its equipment. This project will enable pregnant women to avoid risky movements at the time of delivery. Finally, we will carry out a program of installation of 6 wells, 2 boreholes and a school in the province of Yatenga, Barga, in the Northern Region of Burkina Faso.
Aim of project
- Improve the education in the region of Guiè.
- Help this region’s population for food self-sufficiency.
- Support and reinforce a village association axed on social, agricultural and health development in order to fight desertification.
- Support the village populations of the North of Burkina Faso.
Association Zoramb Naagtaaba (Henri Girard).
Our projects in 2018
- Functioning of the nursing training centre EFAPE.
- Construction of Goema middle school (year III).
- Agricultural programme in Filly.
- Construction of the dispensary in Filly (year III).
- Support to functioning expenses of AZN.
- Sponsorship of middle school and university students, and nursery sponsorship (134 children)
Beneficiairies : Around 21.034 children and adults of Guiè.